WIC (Women, Infants, Children) Program
WIC is for all kinds of Montana families: married and single parents, working or not working. If you are a father, mother, grandparent, foster parent or legal guardian of a child under five years old, you can apply for WIC. Whoever has primary custody must call to make an appointment, and they can later give permission to 2 other people to bring the child in.
- Breastfeeding promotion and support
- Benefits to buy healthy foods
- Health and social service referrals
- Tips for eating well to improve health
WIC Nutrition Staff meets with each WIC participant to:
- Support families making changes for better health
- Review diet and health behaviors
- Provide individual nutritional advice
- Offer a selection of healthy foods
WIC Services are available to:
- All pregnant women
- Postpartum women (even if you were not on WIC while pregnant)
- New moms (up to six months after delivery)
- Breastfeeding moms (up to one year after delivery)
- Infants age 0-1
- Children age 1 to 5
You must live in Montana and meet the following income guidelines to qualify.
Montana WIC Income Eligibility Guidelines
Please click here to see current Income Eligibility Guidelines and to see if you qualify.Check Eligibility
Breastfeeding is the best choice that you can make for your baby. Breastmilk can never be duplicated and provides your baby with benefits that will last a lifetime.
WIC provides many resources for breastfeeding women. WIC can also provide breast pumps free of charge for women who choose to exclusively breastfeed. There are lactation counselors on staff to help with all your breastfeeding needs.